Unfortunately due to the lack of response for assistance in organising our race night, this event has now been cancelled.
We would however like to thank those few parents who did respond to our request.
We have provisionally booked another date at the start of May but before we go ahead with this one we would like to ask ALL parents to respond either by e-mail, letter of telephone stating whether they are willing to help and support such an event or not. If parents are unwilling to support these events, there is no point in having them.
The whole idea of fundraising is for the benefit of the students, whilst also saving parents the expense of having to pay in full for each and every event, camp, extra training, tumbling lessons, costumes or equipment, as at present this is being subsidised by myself and the club.
Club fees have not been increased for 3 years and as you will be aware students only pay for 2 hours training on a Thursday when they receive nearly 3 hours and only pay for 3 hours training on a Sunday when seniors receive 4 hours. Additional training on a Friday or Wednesday is also subsidised by myself as the £2 charged to each student does not even cover the cost of the hall hire.
In order to continue as a community group, a committee is proposed to be reinstated at the club to help organise fundraising events, if considered viable by the parents.
We would ask therefore, that if you are interested in reducing costs for the students and wish to become a part of the committee, that you give your name to Gillian or Kerry at class, or via e-mail asap as from this point onwards, no events will be arranged by myself and invoices will be issued to students individually for full payment of any upcoming costs for new equipment, music, camps, clinics or competitions.
If parents decide that they do not wish to take part in any fundraising events, we would ask them to sign an agreement form agreeing to pay in advance the full cost of any and all expenses required for the student during the course of the competition year.
We hope that a committee can be reinstated at the club as it would be sad to see the students miss out on future opportunities due to lack of funds.
If we receive significant response to reinstate a committee we shall arrange a meeting for Sunday 4th March at 6pm in Ladywood to discuss ideas and plan ahead.
If you have any queries or questions regarding any of the above, please do not hesitate to contact us.